Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My Calendar

Designing my calendar the first thing i did, i choose the month (July), because it was in July that we had our Independence. It was exactly 1st JULY 1962 .So it became a very important date that every Burundian have to remember. Designing the calendar i used our national colors (Red, green and White).what i tried to express/ say on my calendar is happiness; it’s a wonderful day for every Burundian. It’s the dawn of a new life, new purpose. It’s a celebration of a new beginning, as u can see on the sketch below:














Adobe Illustrator

- The first thing i did i opened a new file (52 cm x 31 cm).

- I drew 2 squares. One of the squares i colored in black using the swatches and the other one i left it in white. see image below















- i drew some hills using the pen tool then i painted them in green. The reason why i put hills in my calendar is that 80% of my country Burundi is composed by Hills that’s it also called the one thousand and one hills country.




- I











- I filled the background with a gradient using orange yellow and white just to show that it’s the dawn or sunrise.















- I wrote using the Type Tool the days of the month in the black square that i drew before. I used Rockwell Extra Bolt as the font then i circled our national day which is the 1st of AUG with a red circle using the Ellipse Tool.

- I drew the emblem of Burundi. I used the pen tool to draw copying the one i downloaded from Google.see link: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4b/Blason_du_Burundi.svg/328px-Blason_du_Burundi.svg.png
















- I drew two stars behind the emblem using the Star Tool after that i applied some effects to the stars(3D.....extrude & bevel option).i painted the sides of the stars in red ,green and white which are the national colours of Burundi. I applied some effects to the stars (stylize....Outer Glow). The reason why putted stars in my calendar is that it says victory, celebration ect.

















- I drew many stars around the emblem for the same reason, to show happiness and victory. i applied also an effect(stylize....Outer Glow) on some of the stars.
















-

So what i wanted to do is that i wanted to make a very simple calendar using simple tools and also that shows clearly what i want. So that’s all. this was the steps of how i did my calendar using Adobe Illustrator.











4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete